Everyone has been asking me for this recipe and I totally understand why! These cookies are so tasty and soft. They can be enjoyed by a few special populations (grain-free, vegan, dairy-free, lower-carb), but even people without any dietary restrictions LOVE them! I’ve included a couple variations with this recipe, including the much-awaited chocolate Reese’s peanut butter cookie variation!
Grain-free chocolate chip cookies
- 2 eggs or “eggs”
- Option 1: 2 large eggs, whisked
- Option 2: 2 1/2 TBSP ground flax seed and 3 TBSP water
- Option 3: 2 eggs-worth of egg replacer (follow instructions on package)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/3 cup muscovado sugar (or brown sugar or powdered erythritol/stevia)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 TBSP melted coconut oil (or Kerrygold butter)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (Sugar-free Lily’s brand or Enjoy Life brand)
- Large mixing bowl
- Cookie scoop
- Hand mixer
- Cookie sheet – I like air-bake sheets for even baking
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Prepare your “eggs” or eggs, whisk with 2 tsp vanilla extract, and set aside.
- In large bowl, thoroughly mix almond flour, sugar, coconut flour, baking soda, and pink salt.
- Add in coconut oil and mix well.
- Mix in eggs/”eggs” until very well-incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Use tablespoon measure or cookie scoop to form perfect-sized dough balls.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown, and allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes. *Note* The cookies will not change shape so don’t worry if you see them and think they aren’t rising or baking properly!
Yield: 20 cookies
Nutrition per cookie (for variation with eggs, muscovado sugar, and Enjoy Life chips)
- Carbs: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Protein: 3 g
Chocolate Reese’s PB variation:
- Add to dry mixture during step 3:
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- Add to wet mixture during step 5:
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 more egg
- Exchange chocolate chips during step 6:
- 1/2 cup of Reese’s peanut butter chips (these have dairy so use non dairy pb chips if you can find them)